9070OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES
OFFICIAL DUTIES - PRESIDENT
1. The President shall preside at all of the meetings of the Board.
2. The President or his/her designee shall serve as the Board's spokesperson.
3. The President shall appoint the chair and members of all special committees.
4. The President shall appoint all standing committee members, subject to Board approval.
5. The President shall serve as ex officio member on all committees.
6. The President shall act as the Board’s representative for the purposes of consultation with Board legal counsel when appropriate, and may authorize other Board members to consult with Board counsel when appropriate.
7. The President shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to him/her by the Board.
OFFICIAL DUTIES - VICE PRESIDENT
In the absence of the President, the Vice President shall assume and carry out the duties and responsibilities of the President.
OFFICIAL DUTIES - SECRETARY
1. The Secretary of the Board shall keep minutes or cause minutes to be kept of all meetings of the Board, and shall cause copies of such minutes to be forwarded to each member of the Board.
2. In accordance with the General Statutes, the Board Secretary shall cause a copy of the minutes of all Board meetings to be placed on file in the Board Office and posted on the Board’s website, if available, no later than seven (7) days after the date on which the Board shall have met. Such minutes will be available for public inspection, except that such minutes will not be termed "official minutes" until approved by the Board of Education at a duly convened meeting of the Board.
3. The Board Secretary shall also make provision that members of the Board are notified of all regular and special meetings.
4. The Board Secretary shall attend to the official correspondence of the Board.
5. The Board Secretary shall submit to the City at its annual meetings a report of the doings of the Board.
OFFICIAL DUTIES - TREASURER
1. The Treasurer shall keep permanent records subject to public inspection and make an annual report of all such funds at the second regular meeting in December of each year.
2. The Treasurer shall perform such other duties as may be authorized by the Board.
Connecticut General Statutes
10-46(d) Regional board of education (required officers).
1-225 Meetings of government agencies to be public. Recording of votes. Schedule and agenda of meetings to be filed. Notice of special
meetings. Executive sessions.
7-3 Warning of City and other meetings
7-4 Record of warning
10-224 Duties of the Secretary
10-225 Salaries of Secretary and attendance officers
Date Approved: April 28, 1981
Previous Policy Number: BC2